Low GI Goat Milk Drink
A Low GI diet can be beneficial to everyone – it provides longer satiety as well as balanced and sustained energy supply [i] [ii]. However, for those with Type 2 diabetes it is very important to maintain a low GI diet to help manage blood glucose levels.
Our Low GI Drink has been tested by the University of Sydney, with the result of 25 on the GI Index. For reference, anything with a glycaemic index below 55 is considered low GI. Example: Bitter Melon (which is traditionally used in Chinese medicine for diabetes measures 24 on the GI Index.
Our hero ingredient in this product is Isomaltulose, a naturally sourced slow release energy carbohydrate, thanks to its low glycaemic index. Isomaltulose is found in the sucrose of sugar beet, it is naturally sweet and has an array of nutritional benefits. These benefits include providing a balanced, sustained energy supply, supporting a low glycaemic diet, and improved metabolism [i] [ii].
Our other ingredient selections also play an important role – for example we selected the probiotics Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. Lactis and Lactobacillus acidophilus for their effectiveness in blood glucose management [iii] [iv].
We developed this product with a base of goat milk and includes dietary fibre, probiotics and zinc.
- Certified by the Glycaemic Index Foundation in Australia to be Low GI with a GI Index of 25
- Contains isomaltulose, a slow release low GI carbohydrate
- Contains Vitamin A & C
- Vitamin E to help protect against free radical damage*
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin) to reduce tiredness and fatigue*
- Zinc to support normal carbohydrate metabolism*
- Also contains inulin, Bifidobacterium animals subsp. Lactic and Lactobacillus acidohoilus
*When prepared as directed and consumed as part of a healthy varied diet
Important Notice: This product is intended for individuals over the age of 14 years.
[i] Maresch, C. C., et al., 2017.
[ii] Lina, B. A., Jonker, D., & Kozianowski, G., 2002.
[iii] Mohamadshahi, M., et al., 2014.
[iv] Martino, H., et al., 2015.
Goat Skim Milk Powder, Isomaltulose, Whey Protein Concentrate, (Soy Lecithin), Inulin Powder, Lactose, Goat Whole Milk Powder, Thickener (Guar Gum).
Vitamins: Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B3, Vitamin A. Bifidobacterium animalis subsp. Lactis (addition not less than 10^6 CFU/g at time of manufacture).
Mineral: Zinc. Lactobacillus acidophilus (addition not less than 10^6 CFU/g at time of manufacture).
Allergens: Contains milk and soy products.
Made in New Zealand from imported and local ingredients.
|Unit||Average quantity per 100ml||Average quantity per serving||%DI* per serving|
|Dietary fibre, total||g||1.4||3.0||10%|
|Minerals||%RDI** per serving|
|Vitamins||%RDI** per serving|
*Percentage daily intakes are based on an average adult diet of 8700kJ.
**Recommended Dietary Intake.
4 scoops + 200ml water = 1 serve
Only enclosed scoop should be used. Add 4 level scoops (about 32g) of powder to 200ml warm water (approx. 40℃). Stir well until powder is completely dissolved. Suggested serving size 1-2 serves per day.
- Always store in a cool dry place, avoid direct sunlight and high temperature.
- Do not user if foil seal is damaged or missing.
- After opening, keep the container airtight and use within four weeks. Do not store in the refrigerator.
- Please use the product prior to best before date printed on bottom of can.